Thursday 16 October 2014

Where is South?

This is a question that I asked in one of my Science classes today and the response I got was surprising!
Students were asked to point in the direction of south and hands were pointed in every single direction of the compass (including South thankfully). This was a group of 3rd ESO students who have been in the school now at most 10 years and still weren’t too sure where south lay.
Have we lost touch with our external environment as we are becoming more interested in internal one? Perhaps we just don’t have time to consider the world around us and how it is made up? Or maybe in general this is the way we are and I am just the exception due to the need to be observant as part of my job!?!

Either way, it was an interesting discovery and one I think we need to rectify within the school!


No comments:

Post a Comment